Monday, May 31, 2010
Day 3 - Fever
Hi everyone
My Mom, Dad and myself just got off of SKYPE with Jen, Dean and Cammile! Boy, is she a sweetie pie. They said that she has a fever of 100.4 today (she may have a cold), so Jen and Cammile are resting and staying inside for the day. Dean will be going to Walmart with some of the others to get some things. It's a mile away and will be traveling with transportation set up by the hotel. Their guide goes along with them.
I will try to set up a slide show of some snapshots that I took of our conversation. She was alittle fussy, then Dean came to the rescue with her bottle of formula that the orphanage gave to them and she calmed down. She then started to play or try to touch the keyboard, then played with her rattle. Qiao (pronounced: "Chow") means "good with hands", "creative", "crafty"...which is so true of her as you watch her. She has 4 teeth (2 on bottom and 2 on top), she eats 4 times a day and around 3-4 ounces per meal. She enjoys humming to herself, likes looking at herself in the mirror, and sometimes appears to be speaking Chinese words.
She is a beautiful girl and we wished that we could have picked her up from the screen to hold her and give her a big hug. Until then, Qiao Qiao... or Cammile will be in the loving and caring hands of her proud parents. Jen and Dean are looking great and so relaxed and content with her...it was a sight to see.
I will stay in touch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steve and Bev:
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing the SKYPE with us!! Cammille is so ADORABLE!! I wish I could have been there, too!! Shower her with lots of hugs and kissess!!